Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am getting a new carbon disc wheel for my 2013 Blue time trial bike that is equipped with Sram red 10 speed and it has Return to center shifters.

I want to get a second cassette with the new wheel so I can use both wheels.

I presently have 11-25 and this works fine and I would like to get the same range.

I think I can use either sram or shimano.

If I get sram what model number cassette. They seem to have a million different numbers Pg or CG or ? I dont want to spend a lot so I was thinking about going down to Force to keep the cost down, just a few grams more weight right?

If I go with shimano they seem to be more straight forward just get Ultegra, dura ace or 105 as long as its ten speed, should be good, right?

Just looking for a little help from those of you that know the cassette designations better than me.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
If I go with shimano they seem to be more straight forward just get Ultegra, dura ace or 105 as long as its ten speed, should be good, right?
Right, iIt's the same with Sram though. 10 speed is 10 speed. I agree the level is more confusing with SRAM but there are not different 10 speed systems like it sounds like you think.

·
Registered
20,727 Posts
I think I can use either sram or shimano.
Yup. They both work fine on Red.

If I get sram what model number cassette. They seem to have a million different numbers Pg or CG or ? I dont want to spend a lot so I was thinking about going down to Force to keep the cost down, just a few grams more weight right?
Not a million different numbers. Just go to the SRAM web site. They're listed & numbered highest to lowest. Pick the one that suits your price range.
https://www.sram.com/sram/road/component/cassettes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts