Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
half-fast
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A work buddy's pop has been involved with organizing a fundraising ride for the last couple years, and I finally got talked into going. Of course, as things like this go, work buddy wasn't able to make it. Perhaps another time.

It was the best marked ride I ever went on, so a shout out for the Conquer the Hills gang is in order. Good job. The baked goods were first rate, too, but that picture didn't work out.

I was wondering how they could have a ride in Delaware based on hills, but they did good. I picked the 50k.

The scurvy looking lagoon in the picture, and the one before it are the straight-up nastiest place I have ever worked. I'm glad it is standing idle.

Anyhow, covered bridges, grub, some old barns, some neat sights, and a good day.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice post. I've always wanted to ride out there but I've never brought a bike with me. I get out to Wilmington twice a year. My dad lives out there, near point #26. I live in CA. I've always noticed how narrow the roads seem. How's the riding?

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Sure a lot greener than where I live. Pretty countryside.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
That was a fun ride. I grew up in northern DE,I like to ride out that way a lot, and still we hit some hills I didn't know about.

Good thing it was well marked. I forgot my jersey and had to borrow a shirt with no pockets. I stuffed my inflator and spare down the back of my bibs but didn't bother carrying the queue sheet.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Looks like a senic ride. Interesting stuff along the way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did the 50 mile 'Ride The Rollers' option of that ride and had a blast! I'm a Delaware native, but once we got a little ways up in to Chester County, PA I was lost. The roads up there are definitely narrow, but the traffic is very light - especially on a Saturday morning.

·
Registered
99 Posts
10ae1203 - There are plans for that facility that you worked at. Give it a few years and there may be a good reason to ride a bike through reincarnation of that facility

·
half-fast
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AllezCat said:
10ae1203 - There are plans for that facility that you worked at. Give it a few years and there may be a good reason to ride a bike through reincarnation of that facility
Can you say what it is?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts