Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon me if this has already been posted, but I found this online retailer with a picture of the supposed new mud tire from Challenge called the Fango.

http://www.zepnat.com/component/pag...acturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,48/

Looks to me like a racing ralph tread. That's fine with me, I have really wanted to try those Schwalbes. I'll be getting these for sure if they're ever actually available here.

· Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
That Racing Ralph tread sure gets around -- its been seen on FMB casings, now Challenge casings and Schwalbe's own galvanized(?) version.

Seems like this guy was unloading a couple prototypes. Poking around the archives, it sounds like Challenge's sponsorship program has landed their logo on a few tires that weren't exactly Challenge products.

· Registered
434 Posts
Pretty cool! I heard from a pretty reliable source that the reason everyone is out of Challenge products, is that they're stuck overseas and unable to ship, for some reason. Really hoping to see some tires / tubies make it over here soon, a bit behind this year.

· More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
kajukembo said:
And, at this time, I'd like to take complete and full internet credit for naming the tire.
I did some hard hitting investigative journalism on the subject and found that kajukembo speaks the truth. Otherwise known as TK, choylifut, and coylifut, he named the tire.

Link to hard hitting article is HERE.

· Registered
810 Posts
Gripped said:
I did some hard hitting investigative journalism on the subject and found that kajukembo speaks the truth. Otherwise known as TK, choylifut, and coylifut, he named the tire.

Link to hard hitting article is HERE.
the good news is t hat it's not merely a copy of the Racing Ralph tread, but a re design. by the looks of it, this tire should clear mud better than the Ralph. I aplaud Challenge. The tire shown looks like it's going to give the Rhyno some very stiff competition.

· Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
But when is it going to be available?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.