Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
coinstar2k said:
There are a few chamois creams that seem to dominate the market, but has anyone seen Dave Zabriskie's new cream? I found some funny interviews about it here: Dave Zabriskie's New Chamois Cream.
I used Beljum Budder last week--seemed to work well without the menthol burn of something like Assos.

· Registered
906 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I used Beljum Budder last week--seemed to work well without the menthol burn of something like Assos.
That's what I use on all but the hottest days (when the menthol "burn" of the Assos is kind of pleasant). It's interesting to note that DZ Nuts is twice as expensive per unit of volume as Beljum Budder.

· Administrator
13,151 Posts
I ordered a tube to check it out- I normally use Assos.

· Registered
1,194 Posts
I use Bag Balm most of the time (cost, and it works adequately for shortish rides), have used the Chamois Butt'r, both in tube, and the Euro style. The Assos works better, in my opinion, for the longer rides than the above, but it's expen$ive. I tried the DZ Nuts this fall for my last century. It's really expen$$$ive, but my butt demands its use for all future centuries. So, the $ 24.00 tube sits there until next spring.....

· Registered
21 Posts
Hey cyclesport45,
Just give it a try it last all day and it is better on ones skin. Check out my qoute under "best warming stuff". and read the replies I am getting. Check out their website: madalchemy.com. most jars are under $20.00 USD. The feel, texture, scent and performance are incredible.On top of that 100% natural.

· eRacer
2,547 Posts
I use Udderly Smooth Chamois Cream on my chamois, and Aquaphor directly on my skin.
This combo is inexpensive, and works for me for rides longer than 3 hours.

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.