Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had another thread but figured I would just post a new one with the complete build. Rode 30 miles or so yesterday, 95% road but still fun. The position with the bell laps is a lot different that my road setup.... i am new to cross all together.

What do you think...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry

edited original post....

Thanks guys, I really dig the orange tape to... want to get a seat with a little bit of orange to bring it together but hard to find.

The wheels are velocity spartacus wheelset debadged... not a boad wheelset, strong but a little heavy... but they were free to me.

I built this as a backup road bike, rainy day bike, gravel road/ trail explorer, and cross racer when the time comes.

20# even without pedals but with cages..... cheapo wire ritchey tires and heavy wheels. 18# could be done easily.

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,380 Posts
20#? You could get that down to 17+ if you wanted to. I got my SLC down to 18.4 # (with discs).
The weight is not a bad thing on something that light and for what you're using it for. It'll keep the rear down when you hit a root or a curb.:D

Good show!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My road setup...

My road setup is this Allez... Yeah like I said these wheels are heavy... on the road I will put my dura ace wheelset on (did that for tonight's ride) and that will shed 1/2 #. Will probably ride those or the tubies in the pictures for the cross races this winter...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.