Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just built up this shiny new 'Nago for a woman this week and I thought it was worth sharing since it is in a somewhat rare purple color. This is her first road bike (nice hubby!). This was taken before the bike was fit. It is spec'ed with Ultegra, but deserves at least Chorus. I'm not much for purple, but this turned out nice!
I hope the photo upload is working on the new board...

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
Tig said:
We just built up this shiny new 'Nago for a woman this week and I thought it was worth sharing since it is in a somewhat rare purple color. This is her first road bike (nice hubby!). This was taken before the bike was fit. It is spec'ed with Ultegra, but deserves at least Chorus. I'm not much for purple, but this turned out nice!
Nice bike.

I have a poster of your avatar on the bulkhead behind my desk at work. Cracks me up every single time.

·
You talking to me?
736 Posts
Tig said:
I didn't realize that the Dream's had that much head tube sticking up above the top tube. It looks to be more than 1cm from the photo? I like the purple myself. Not exactly traditional, but very sharp looking just the same.

Bryan

·
rock n rolling resistance
851 Posts
Must be a special order paint job...

How was this frame ordred? I've never seen that color scheme before. Does it have the Colnago paint job code designated?

BTW are those Giant cranks?

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
purple Colnago color code: NL7. Giant/FSA cranks...

Sorry for not getting back with your question sooner. The frame was ordered from Trialtir. The color code is NL7. As for the cranks, yes, they came off of a Giant TCR 1 that a customer stripped the parts off of, and sold to the guy who bought this Colnago for his wife. These FSA cranks flex more than any modern crank we've seen at the store. Just a little pressure at the 9 O'clock position on the left crank shows a highly visible flex when viewed from the front or back of the bike. I don't mean bottom bracket flex, but crank arm torsional flex from pressure on the pedal.

6was9 said:
How was this frame ordred? I've never seen that color scheme before. Does it have the Colnago paint job code designated?

BTW are those Giant cranks?

·
rock n rolling resistance
851 Posts
Thanks...

Tig said:
Sorry for not getting back with your question sooner. The frame was ordered from Trialtir. The color code is NL7. As for the cranks, yes, they came off of a Giant TCR 1 that a customer stripped the parts off of, and sold to the guy who bought this Colnago for his wife. These FSA cranks flex more than any modern crank we've seen at the store. Just a little pressure at the 9 O'clock position on the left crank shows a highly visible flex when viewed from the front or back of the bike. I don't mean bottom bracket flex, but crank arm torsional flex from pressure on the pedal.
for the info. For some reason I can't help seeing a Purple People Eater w/ full gear + helmet on that bike. Now that'll do wonders for all the hassles roadies take: show some football players ridin on Colnagos ;)

BTW I just noticed that two of the pix you've posted are both purple bikes! Where was that Romac fixie picture taken? I'd love to be in that picture right now too: looks like a perfect whether for riding that Romac or do anything else. The temp has been something like 0 or below to 27 at best for about a month and a half now around here in Chgoland :(

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nassau Bay, TX

The Romic was a touring frame I found at a garage sale for $15. It was a woman's, but fit close enough to convert to a nice budget fixed gear project. The location is Nassau Bay, TX, with Clear Lake in the background. Nassau Bay is about 20 miles south of Houston and borders Johnson Space Center. I'm sure the houses that share the view are a bit pricey!

To be a nasty Southerner, I'll mention that the temperatures are in the 40's at night and 60's in the afternoon this week. Don't worry, you wouldn't want to ride in our summer heat!

BTW I just noticed that two of the pix you've posted are both purple bikes! Where was that Romac fixie picture taken? I'd love to be in that picture right now too: looks like a perfect whether for riding that Romac or do anything else. The temp has been something like 0 or below to 27 at best for about a month and a half now around here in Chgoland :([/QUOTE]

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
IMO the color is great.

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been looking for the paint scheme for my '03 C40HP for six months. I now know it's NL-7.
Holy thread resurrection, Batman! I'm glad this ol' post came in handy for you. It seems like a lifetime ago when I worked at the bike shop.

Happy riding...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.