Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Isn't that where cyclists cross UNDER all those highway bridges? Why would we need an overpass?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
wooglin said:
Looks like there's already something there. Maybe powerlines? And right by the sewage treatment plant. Joy.
It is actually a very nice bike route/trail that takes you from the Potomac River/Mount Vernon Trail inland. The loop of MVT - 4 Mile Run - Custis Trail is a really popular afterwork training ride.

I'll have to document it sometime soon.

BTW the sewage plant outfall is really popular with fishermen. :eek:

·
Cheese is my copilot
3,876 Posts
MB1 said:
It is actually a very nice bike route/trail that takes you from the Potomac River/Mount Vernon Trail inland. The loop of MVT - 4 Mile Run - Custis Trail is a really popular afterwork training ride.

I'll have to document it sometime soon.

I mean there's already something going across the river right where the bridge will go. Check out the satellite image.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
wooglin said:
I mean there's already something going across the river right where the bridge will go. Check out the satellite image.
My point exactly (if you look closely at the image/map you can actually see cyclists on the trails).

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MB1 said:
It's 98% clean water. I'm sure that 100% better than the Potomac side.

At least the fish drink clean water there. ;)

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MB1 said:
Isn't that where cyclists cross UNDER all those highway bridges? Why would we need an overpass?
:confused: no no no :confused:

Going eastbound on the path, Instead of going under, you stay left, and end up on top of route 1. Stay on the sidewalk and go south.

There is another path west bound that goes to the ball field.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1228490

connect to 2 balloons and you have the new bridge connector.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
OK, I see that now.

bas said:
....connect to 2 balloons and you have the new bridge connector.
What a stupid waste of our money. :mad2:

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HokieRider said:
bas, where do you live? theres a truck I ride past almost everyday that has BAS in the vanity plate and I'm always wondering if its you.

Over in Alexandria. I have 3 cars, but no BAS plates. I bike by the place in question quite a bit.

I ride in springfield on tues/thurs.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HokieRider said:
This one is in Springfield. The plate is BAS15. I guess this means I think of you often when I'm riding :wink:
I'm not sure if I like that idea. :eek:

Come out to wakefield park for the tues/thurs hammerfests.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HokieRider said:
mtb or road?
road. meet in the parking lot on the left . be there ready by 6. i get there around 5:30 and get in 8 miles to warm up. i saw one guy a few years ago with wide tires on his mtb bike, he lasted longer than I did!! I was impressed. haha

tues/thurs.

B-AA(MF) * 15-25 * VA * 6 PM * Wakefield Park (WKP)
Annandale Evening Speedworks . See the Tuesday write-up for details--more of the same. We aim to roll out at 6:10, but the route stays within 3 miles of the park, so later folks can easily join the group during the ride.

B(MF) * 15-25 * VA * 6 PM * Wakefield Park (WKP)
Annandale Evening Bees . This is a complementary ride to the hammerhead A ride above. Ride leader intends to ride the 1st (big) half of the route used by the A riders. Quiet roads, pleasant suburban setting, and an easy return from anywhere on the route make it a good choice for uncertain conditions or times (i.e., being late, or needing an early departure).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts