Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· ProtoJ
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of my new Van Dessel CRB. I'm running it as a SS instead of fixie because I like to coast. Bike is 22.3 lbs as shown. I upgraded the seat and post and threw on some 28C Cont Ultra Gatorskins. The frame/fork has room for 45C, so it can be used as a road or a cross bike. I've been suprised that my average speed is similar to my geared road bike.....but I also only ride it about half as far. There are just too many hills where I live.

· Registered
409 Posts
I just can't seem to get into the opposing forces that are the simplicity of a SS bike and the complexity that some frame builders impose on it. I'm sure it's a quality bike and all, and to each his own, but I just can't see myself owning a frame that is bent this way and that for no reason.

Or maybe I just don't know the reason.

Cyclocross is for crazy people anyway.

· Registered
1,048 Posts
MisterC said:
I just can't seem to get into the opposing forces that are the simplicity of a SS bike and the complexity that some frame builders impose on it. I'm sure it's a quality bike and all, and to each his own, but I just can't see myself owning a frame that is bent this way and that for no reason.

Or maybe I just don't know the reason.

Cyclocross is for crazy people anyway.

you just don't know the reason....the right sort of curves are beautiful on bicycles (and women)...and this frame has the right sort

· Registered
409 Posts
Look, I don't hate these bikes (in fact that last one looks pretty good I must admit) I just don't want to own one. I can appreciate the extra engineering that goes into it but it doesn't appeal to me.

Like, I've been to the opera (La Traviatta (sp?)), and it was amazing, but I don't want to listen to it in my car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.