Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Devinci_rider
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I sold the Soma and replaced it with this...'06 Devinci Tosca
It was stock, but I made a few changes: white bar tape (just for looks), San Marco Aspide with UCI/ Empella stitching, Ritchey WCS Stem (stupid light, 100 grams) and just today, Easton/Velomax Vista Sl's. The bike rides awesome and I couldn't be more pleased!

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
That's pretty nice....just to let you know. you're making me very jealous...

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
nice, lovely

looks big, what's the size and geometry? love the TT cable routing and color. might add to a wish list. oh and frame price as well.

·
Devinci_rider
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's pretty big, an XL, which is 58 cm st and 58.5 cm tt. Unfortunetly they still ran the front der. cable underneath, but they're learning. Last year it came with disc wheels and mounts on the frame, but they stepped it up and made a race bike. Frame, carbon fork and FSA sealed headset, is a steal at $750 (cdn$). Complete stock, so the first picture, is $1900 (cdn$). Not bad for frame and bike built in Canada.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Very nice!

Very nice bike! I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.
I found Devinci's web site, but how would someone buy a bike from Canada if you live in the US?
I was recently thinking about getting a Soma. What didn't you like about the one you sold?
thanks
MN Dan

·
Devinci_rider
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have heard that there are U.S dealers, but I'm not to sure where. The other way would be through a shop up here. I know we've (shop I work at) shipped parts and bikes to the U.S before. Regarding the Soma, I have no complaints. For steal, it's fairly light, which made it easy to build a complete bike under 20lbs for relatively cheap. However the Devinci has proved to be a heck of a lot "snapper"/stiffer when pedalling hard.

·
Devinci_rider
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the size thing is definetly an issue. Their roadbikes are the same, the XL is almost too small for me and I'm only 6'3". With the 130mm stem that came on the Tosca it definetly felt "big", but anyone much taller would be screwed

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
You're a brave man.

Soma_rider said:
Well, I sold the Soma and replaced it with this...'06 Devinci Tosca
It was stock, but I made a few changes: white bar tape (just for looks), San Marco Aspide with UCI/ Empella stitching, Ritchey WCS Stem (stupid light, 100 grams) and just today, Easton/Velomax Vista Sl's. The bike rides awesome and I couldn't be more pleased!
I have white tape on my road bike, but on a cross bike?? That's just nutz :D Sweet ride!

·
Devinci_rider
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't wait for the first ride in the mud! Luckily I went with carbon bar tape, so it wipes clean and nothing's really absorbed

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
What brand and wher's you get it? It would look nice on mine ;)

·
Devinci_rider
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it's made by Silva and is distributed by Cycles Lambert (in Canada), but most others grip/tape companies make carbon bar tape aswell

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Thanks. Guess now you'll have to change your handle ;)

·
Registered
727 Posts
that is an awesome bike-i came SOOO close to prodealing an '05 at my work. The coolest thing is that you can mount dics brakes. if i get a cross bike again, beyond my old gnarly build project concorde, it will likely be a tosca. happy riding!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
physasst said:
That's pretty nice....just to let you know. you're making me very jealous...
Yeah that IS a nice day bed....I mean how can you argue with full bed comfort for sleeping with the spacial needs of just a love seat right?

Seriously though, that is a great looking ride...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,

I'm considering the Tosca or Focus Cross Expert. I'm in the UK so the Tosca will cost me around 15% more. In stock form, the Focus is quoted as being almost 1Kg lighter (Wiggle), and comes with sissy leavers (probably useful when commuting). The Tosca has disc mounts (not sure I'd ever put discs on though).

Any thoughts/comments?

Thanks,

Martin.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts