Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to building up my new cross-check, which will be used for my daily 21-mile commute. I'm still planning to swap out the wheels and tires, but I'm saving up for a really nice set, so it might be a while. So far I really like the ride....steel is real!

· Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
Love those fenders! SKS painted yellow? Got me thinkin' that my own fenders look a bit plain in silver...

· Registered
139 Posts
Nice commuter. I like the rack AND fenders. I was thinking of adding fenders and a rear rack to my track bike, but i think with only one set of eyelets I can only do one or the other. How did you do yours?

Hope you have a place inside to lock that thing, I wouldn't want to keep a bike like that outside.

· MING
419 Posts
I have to say, that is a good looking bike!! Im doing a similar thing, I can only hope it turns out like yours - proven parts a good build and 'flair' what concrete jungle do you commute in?

Wish I lived closer to work
I wish I lived further; 6 miles is enough to wake me up but not enough to satisfy me.

· Registered
449 Posts
Like the ride....

I just build up a Surly Pacer for myself and my commute, didn't go with fenders or rack as i commute over 30 miles each way, so its got 23's and i ride in my gear and have changes of clothes at the office, but I absolutely love my surly... best bike out there for the money if you ask me.... such a smooth ride and my pacer has awsome geometry for my likes, not full on race, but not to relaxed, just in the middle so i can do those 60-80 miles rides in complete comfort....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.