Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a couple of new options coming from TRP...called the Spyre and the Highroad..should address problems with all the Avid,Shimano,and Hayes...that only brake with one side of the caliper...the Spyre clamps with both sides.
Shimano will be putting out their latest and greatest...in the next few
TRP Brakes 2013 - YouTube

·
Registered
224 Posts
Here is a couple of new options coming from TRP...called the Spyre and the Highroad..should address problems with all the Avid,Shimano,and Hayes...that only brake with one side of the caliper...the Spyre clamps with both sides.
Shimano will be putting out their latest and greatest...in the next few
TRP Brakes 2013 - YouTube
I'm keen to see the HyRd, I think it will be a good upgrade from my BB7's, which will last until I decide to upgrade to the Dura Ace Di2 with hydro discs (no annoucement, but you know it is coming)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
It's amazing how fast the Chinese copycats can come out with a cheap frame in no time, packed with all the latest and greatest features.

Toray T700
3k/12k/UD weave
Di2
Tapered headtube
BB86
Disc
Inner tube routing
Custom painting
Monocoque (head, down, top tubes molded in one step using "top secret process"
all for the price costing less than even a low end frame from your LBS not packing even half the features.

It does make one wonder why would one pay $6000 for a bike like an S-Works. I know, I know, they will say it's because of "R&D" and "quality control".

I guess whatever R&D is necessary, it's not that much of a barrier... because the Chinese are pumping out frames packed with the greatest and latest features faster than any bike company even starts thinking about building such frame! And no one should be surprised, the basic bicycle design hasn't changed since the introduction, and we know the Chinese have ridden bicycle for a looong time now. Maybe the Western world should just accept Asia as THE force behind the change for the mass!

Having said this, I will probably keep overpaying for my custom frames though, until I lose my job or something like that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.