Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a sort of preview of the movie. I think they are about to start filming. Anyone have any info? This is one of two cycling movies coming up. Haven't seen cycling in the cinema in a while now.

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,751 Posts
Where are the over-the-top CGI scenes and ubiquitous explosions?

Without them, this will be a direct to DVD production or a Hallmark Channel movie.

·
Dreamer
147 Posts
Retro Grouch said:
Where are the over-the-top CGI scenes and ubiquitous explosions?

Without them, this will be a direct to DVD production or a Hallmark Channel movie.
Yeah, and what about the sex scenes? Even those appear to be missing.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
Looks like a straight to video movie. I could be wrong. A big screen flick would spur the industry.

·
Registered
169 Posts
This should be in post production by now. They started shooting in and around Salt Lake City in late July. They sent out a bunch of emails over the summer to local clubs and teams looking for extras for the race scenes.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
skyliner1004 said:
looks like a lot of it was paid for by specialized
You mean because the guy riding in a specialized jersey is riding a Cannondale?

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
orange_julius said:
Somehow I feel like they gave away the entire plot already ...
Yeah especially near the end of that trailer. Apparently, "they rode their bikes" (!). Really, who says that?

Curious about that scene where the guy falls over in the bar.

·
Custom User Title
359 Posts
I heard Kevin Costner's 'American Flyers' mustache is making a cameo appearance. So there's that.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
foofighter said:
the guy's girlfriend is the bacholorette Trista that won and married the Fireman...dont ask me how i know :blush2:
You have been judged.

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
Ventruck said:
..., "they rode their bikes" (!). Really, who says that? ...
Still preferable to " We biked...". As for the movie, it'll be good enough to put it in my instant play queue.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Wow, at the beginning I thought it was going to be the Chad Gerlach story (which would be more interesting anyway).

Looks pretty dull. The american domestic scene? They should do a movie that shows the Belgian Kermis scene, ala Joe Parkins "Dog in a Hat". Yeah, dudes getting all hopped up on pills and injections and then slugging it out for the slim chance to make it to the big time. There's a movie for ya.

·
Registered
491 Posts
foofighter said:
the guy's girlfriend is the bacholorette Trista that won and married the Fireman...dont ask me how i know :blush2:
I checked IMDB and her name isn't in the cast listing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts