Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I mentioned that I had ordered a DeSalvo frame. Some indicated they wanted to see the finished product. Here it is. The bike rides great, very resposive and light. I have not put it on a scale but several of my friends say it feels like it is around 18 to 18.5 pounds.
Tim
 

·
eminence grease
Joined
·
18,559 Posts
tim in wa said:
A few weeks ago I mentioned that I had ordered a DeSalvo frame. Some indicated they wanted to see the finished product. Here it is. The bike rides great, very resposive and light. I have not put it on a scale but several of my friends say it feels like it is around 18 to 18.5 pounds.
Tim

Very nice, how long did it take to get it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how long??

Terry,
It took about 6 or 7 weeks. Mike went out of his way to speed up delivery as I'm planning on doing a long charity ride in July and I wanted at least a month to get the bike dialed in and enough saddle time. He normal lead time, at this time of the year, is 2 to 3 months. Mike is a very nice guy to work with and the quality of the welds and finsh (powder coat by Spectrum) is first class. His component pricing was also very good, so I went ahead and let him supply a complete bike. Thanks.
 

·
eminence grease
Joined
·
18,559 Posts
tim in wa said:
Terry,
It took about 6 or 7 weeks. Mike went out of his way to speed up delivery as I'm planning on doing a long charity ride in July and I wanted at least a month to get the bike dialed in and enough saddle time. He normal lead time, at this time of the year, is 2 to 3 months. Mike is a very nice guy to work with and the quality of the welds and finsh (powder coat by Spectrum) is first class. His component pricing was also very good, so I went ahead and let him supply a complete bike. Thanks.
Thanks for getting back to me.

I've been looking at his bikes for some time and since my most recent project has fallen through (builder took >5 months to deliver on a 6 week promise, and stole my deposit) I was thinking it might be time to give him a shot.

I know Spectrum well, they did two frames for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
terry b said:
I've been looking at his bikes for some time and since my most recent project has fallen through (builder took >5 months to deliver on a 6 week promise, and stole my deposit) I was thinking it might be time to give him a shot.
Terry B

Do you mind letting everyone know who was the bad builder, so they can avoided. If you don't want to put the name out there for everyone to see please PM me
 

·
Slow but not so steady
Joined
·
598 Posts
You need to post this pics the gallery. You rarely see a photo of DeSalvos. I can't think of anything I would suggest in changing the look. Great bike. Great Specs. Great proportion.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top