Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latest Bicycling magizine has a two page picture of an electronic Dura-Ace shifter. Is this just a concept or will they be for sale soon?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Look again...

siclmn said:
The latest Bicycling magizine has a two page picture of an electronic Dura-Ace shifter. Is this just a concept or will they be for sale soon?
The picture shows an airplane joystick (handle) on the right and the DA shifter on the left. They've been running similar type adds the last couple of months.

They are trying to say the two are one in the same.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is it the April issue?

If so, think about it.

Hmm, maybe some other outlandish articles in there like "Cars banned on all roads from 9:00 Am to 6:00 PM."

April fools!]

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Lets not forget about the failed Shimano Airlines. It was a pneumatic shifting system for downhill MTBr's. It was a dismal failure. Maybe this is along the same lines.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Putting this one to rest...

I think it's pretty obvious. The page on the right shows the cockpit of an airplane. The page on the left shows the front of the DA shifter. They carefully aligned the pics to make you look twice. Try again...There is no electric DA.

·
Registered
64 Posts
okay okay..lemme be the first to say...

*nelson voice* ha haa!

sorry...just had to do it. It's okay though...I'm even more stupid...I really did think that they DID take gullible outta the dictionary. = (

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow!!!

What a knucklehead. This is how BS starts circulating. As soon as I saw the ad I thought it was obvious. WOW.

biknben said:
I think it's pretty obvious. The page on the right shows the cockpit of an airplane. The page on the left shows the front of the DA shifter. They carefully aligned the pics to make you look twice. Try again...There is no electric DA.

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
You won`t need a bell or dog spray either, because you could just launch a few sidewinders off and take care of business.

·
Non non normal
10,097 Posts
Spunout said:
You won`t need a bell or dog spray either, because you could just launch a few sidewinders off and take care of business.
In leiu of sidwinders I believe they decided to install a multi-barrel paint ball weapon with automatic feed.

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Already got 'em!

undertrained said:
Can't wait till they add the full afterburners!
After a night of beer and burritos I pity the fool behind me in a paceline! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts