Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw that the 4th edition of this very useful guide just came out on Feb 1, and it almost 200 pages longer than the 3rd edition (2009).

Unfortunately for me, I just picked up the 3rd edition a month ago--about two weeks before the new version became available. Does anyone have a bead on what information may be new to the 4th edition, and if it is worth picking up as well? I tried to google this information, but couldn't find anything specific about what is new in this book.

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I now have both, and it is definitely not 200 pages longer. I was disappointed to discover that it still directs you to his mountain bike book for more info on v-brakes, even though they are popular on cross bikes (and I have one on the front of my light touring bike).

4th edition = 490 pages, including index

3rd edition = 423 pages, also including index

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have the first and second edition of Zinn's book. I've found the book an invaluable resource for working on my new and vintage bikes.

I've successfully overhauled Campy freehubs and repaired several Campy Ergo shifters (those things are like taking a watch apart). Also, following Lennard's instructions, I've built at least 12 wheelsets over the past few years.

Concise, information-packed, easy to follow. What more could you ask for?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.