Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New England Single Speed Cross (with TiTs)

I race a Single Speed and am interested in knowing if there are others in New England that would race a Single Speed in Cyclocross races if there was a category. Also, if you reply...do you already race Cross, or would you be new to the sport?

Check out these results from an Oregon race 2 years ago...67 entries in the SS category!!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross/2004/dec04/UScrossnats04/?id=results/UScrossnats0414

Sam

PS. Shame on you is you read this just to see about the Tits...

·
tdiclub Member
417 Posts
oooo tough one, not a ton of promoter support. Although you need to learn to kick ass in the B field on a SS, tons of crowd support.
Not sure with new england, but mid-atlantic has a SS field for some races in the past. Highland Park '03 subclass Sponsered by Spot and Granouge '04 with SS mixed in w/ the B field.
Let me know what races you'll be attending and I'll be sure to get my rig up and going.
I need to build a rear wheel, my was stolen at the hoboken train station, I was stupid and did'nt lock up the rear.

here's a link to my old SS post w/ pics racing in CT
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?p=21745#poststop (*note* load the link using linear mode in display modes)
my advice is ruin the B field and go for SS natz when the return to the west coast.

·
tdiclub Member
417 Posts
yep, not sure about you though, I've had a few beers tonight...lol
Where are you situated, thought mark v. was/ is still in highlandpark?
PM me and such if you dont want a discussion on the board.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kannas said:
oooo tough one, not a ton of promoter support. Although you need to learn to kick ass in the B field on a SS, tons of crowd support.
Not sure with new england, but mid-atlantic has a SS field for some races in the past. Highland Park '03 subclass Sponsered by Spot and Granouge '04 with SS mixed in w/ the B field.
Let me know what races you'll be attending and I'll be sure to get my rig up and going.
I need to build a rear wheel, my was stolen at the hoboken train station, I was stupid and did'nt lock up the rear.

here's a link to my old SS post w/ pics racing in CT
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?p=21745#poststop (*note* load the link using linear mode in display modes)
my advice is ruin the B field and go for SS natz when the return to the west coast.
Yeah, I will try and do my best in the "B's". I plan to do a bunch of the local to CT and Mass. races, probably some or all of the Verge series too. Hope to see you out there.
Sam

·
Single Speed Cross Guy
44 Posts
Single speed Cross

HI,
I just bought a Single Speed Cross bike I have not raced it yet but I have planes to race next year.
I live in North Hollywood, CA And, I think my bike is the best, I
ride in the Santa Monica mountains and it does great things, The burn, Oh the burn.
I bought my frame frame Wanta Cycles, if you need a frame check him out.
b.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sam,
After the turnout and atmosphere of Ice Weasels last year, it looks like there is a serious interest in SS CX in New England. I just heard about Zanconato sscx trophy series:

6 Cyclocross Races with a Single Speed category!
Quad
MRC Night Race
Mansfield Hollow
Orchard
Lowell
Ice Weasels

See you there

·
Registered
842 Posts
We're very excited about getting this loose series together. The promoters are being incredibly gracious adding another start to their already packed race days. We're really encouraging participation. To entice people, if you enter 5 of the 6 events, you will be entered into the raffle at Ice Weasels for some pretty good prize. The top raffle prize will be a Zanconato TIG cross frame.

Looking forward to seeing the SSers at Quad!

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
We're very excited about getting this loose series together. The promoters are being incredibly gracious adding another start to their already packed race days. We're really encouraging participation. To entice people, if you enter 5 of the 6 events, you will be entered into the raffle at Ice Weasels for some pretty good prize. The top raffle prize will be a Zanconato TIG cross frame.

Looking forward to seeing the SSers at Quad!
Wait, you guys didn't have an SS race previous to this year?

(gasp)

·
Registered
102 Posts
awesome to see some more SS cross support, here in Western Wa we had two race series and most of the races has 30 to 60plus in the SS field, when I started I think back in 01 or 02 I was one of usually about 7-14 or so SS racers, and yeah I've gone down for a Cross crusade most years and the #'s are really that crazy.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hey Zank,
Looks like things are going well. I have some free time on my hands if you ever want to do some training rides. Good luck with your series.....

evs

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just moved from western PA where there was lots of SS racing. I am looking to do more. The upcoming QuadCross has SS categories, but there are only two people reg'd so far and they are placed after the Pro/1/2 races. So I am thinking maybe I will just race the 3 race with the geareds.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Double up and do the Cat3 then hang and race the SS race. End of the day is a good spot for the SS race, so folks can do their thing in the Cat event then kick back and race for "fun" on the SS. I'm doubling, just haven't reg'd yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.