Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Mike, last winter I managed to have a productive "basement" season and stay sane by approaching it as a 90 day block Dec-Jan-Feb. Prior to getting started I chose three different types of workouts/sessions (low intensity endurance, high intensity interval and cross training) plus progammed rest days. I then figured out the frequncy of each that I wanted to do in that 90 day period. I went so far as to mount a large numbered count down chart for each workout on the basement beam that I'd mark off at the end of each session. When you see progress on the chart it's a mental boost and good indoor training seems to me to be mainly a battle between the ears . That's why approaching it as a season with a set number of workouts helps. (example maybe 20 interval sessions, 20 cross training and 20 endurance workouts, along with 30 programmed rest days - that's 90 days total that gets you to the end of February in good condition, which is the goal) .

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.