Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm a fellow new englander and I have to disagree with every single person here. Stay at the gym. Keep a trainer and rollers at home. Make sure your gym has spin classes and yoga.
I pay 25 a month at the local Y. That 25 bucks gets me 3 pools, sauna, steam room, massuese (nominal fee), nutrionists, tons of aerobics classes including spin and yoga, treadmills, weights, babysitting basically everything I could ever ask for. Your not gonna fit all that in your basement. Keep the trainer and rollers in the basement and definitely make sure they get heavy usage all winter.
ime. The biggest challenge in the winter is motivation. I've found that having a wide variety of options keeps me from getting mentally burned out. a lot of gyms around here offer the essentials for 10 bucks a month. I spend more than that on fluids in a week of training! Lol. (I did not actually do the math on that so please do not hold me accountable for that statement.)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.