Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Felt back in mid December and took delivery in the beginning of February,
Total ride time.....0 hours.
I have been sick for the last 2 1/2 weeks and just as I was getting better I ended up getting a severe muscle knot (tightening) in my lower back that just would not go away. 1 week later and I'm still only around 50%. I am hoping by next weekend to finally get some ride time on the bike.
My previous frame was a Cannondale R2000 (Ultegra w/ Ksyrium SL wheels as well), the Felt is about 1 pound lighter weighing in at 17.2 lbs as pictured (with pedals, size 58cm).

The frame itself is beautiful and probably too much bike for me, but I bought it anyway.
Thought I would post some pictures since I have not seen may Felts posted on the forum as well as I haven't anything better to do with my time and it gets me off the couch.

KMan

·
Registered
16 Posts
:drool: that looks nice. I have a Felt and I am very happy with it, and I'd imagine that you'l be happy with that as well. I thought about upgrading my bike (F60), but until I get more into it (acutally start competiting), I'm just going to upgrade the wheels for now.

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
nice!

I just picked up a Felt for my third racing season. I really think they are one of
the best kept secrets out there for the price. With that said, the price will only go up.
my F55 weighs in at 17.1 lbs, the wheelset is impressive, the DA group, CF/Al mix is a nice blend, super stiff for my weight, and climbs like a goat. very impressed. Hope you find the same satisfaction. Good choice!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bang for the B$$K.......

Hey Kman,Hope the back is on the mend,I bought a F2c in "05" that looks just like yours,i don't know if it's a carry over or they told you the one you got was a "06" model but i believe the 2006 Felt F2c's are a painted frame,not the exposed weave with clearcoat...i could be wrong.Anyway it's a pretty cool machine for the Doe...! You said that you have a 58c,me too.
What are your body stats without getting to personal? Did you get pro-fitted for the bike ?
The thing that has me a little worried about this bike is it came with American Classic cr-420's,a very deep dish aero-wheelset.I noticed you have the Mavic's,also curious about the ride once you are at full speed,like any inherent quirks or dislikes at all.I was profitted to this bike and i am a solid 215 lbs. at 6'2 and the numbers kept pointing to a 58c. so i trusted my LBS to be right on,maybe it's just the fact that it seems to be somewhat of a compact design and the visual size appears short and compact.......Anywho let me know your impressions at somepoint.......Thanxs, Spinman.:cool:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Out for a short ride....

I finally got out for a short ride yesterday....only around 30 miles, but just glad to be out riding.
My bike is definately an 06' model not an 05'.

My stats are 6'2" 180 lbs, inseam is from what I recall around 33".
I did not get fitted, I just based the frame size comparing the geometry to my 04 Cannondale R2000. The Felt was pretty much exactly the same with a few angles being slightly different.

1st ride impression was the steering felt a bit twitchier than the Cannondale..... Cannondale had a 73.5' HTA and the Felt has a 74'. The Carbon ride is definately much plushier. I have a road section where they tar and graveled the road and the Cannondale aluminum ride is extremely harsh and bumpy, I noticed the Carbon absorbed a lot of this. One thing is the Felt feels longer in the TT, but according to the geometery spec, should have the exact same 58.0cm TT lenght. I am using the same size stems (110mm) on both bikes so I am planning on doing some measuring today to see what is going on. As it is now, I feel like I need a shorter stem. I actually switched seat post on the bikes as the Felt came with a seat post with more setback and it was heavier than the Cannondale post. I am selling my Cannondale to my brother and he is slightly taller than me so he will probably benefit from the additional setback of the Felt seatpost anyway.
The Dura Ace shifting is excellent compared to my older Ultegra. I kind of was having some buyers remorse though....thinking I really don't need a Dura Ace bike and spent more money that I should have on a bike (I only paid EP for the bike).
Probably only thinking that because I was struggling on the ride. 4 weeks ago I was getting close to race shape and since then....in 1 month I had 2 rides. Lost a lot of ground in my training and gets me kind of down. Hopefull after a few good rides, my legs (and back) will get back into the swing of things and I can ride with a more positive attitude. Overall I think once I get my fit dialed in and some more ride time, I will be very satisfied with my choice.

KMan

Spinman said:
Hey Kman,Hope the back is on the mend,I bought a F2c in "05" that looks just like yours,i don't know if it's a carry over or they told you the one you got was a "06" model but i believe the 2006 Felt F2c's are a painted frame,not the exposed weave with clearcoat...i could be wrong.Anyway it's a pretty cool machine for the Doe...! You said that you have a 58c,me too.
What are your body stats without getting to personal? Did you get pro-fitted for the bike ?
The thing that has me a little worried about this bike is it came with American Classic cr-420's,a very deep dish aero-wheelset.I noticed you have the Mavic's,also curious about the ride once you are at full speed,like any inherent quirks or dislikes at all.I was profitted to this bike and i am a solid 215 lbs. at 6'2 and the numbers kept pointing to a 58c. so i trusted my LBS to be right on,maybe it's just the fact that it seems to be somewhat of a compact design and the visual size appears short and compact.......Anywho let me know your impressions at somepoint.......Thanxs, Spinman.:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.