Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to replace my Street Dog with a Dave Kirk Custom.......Dave finished the Bike yesterday and forwarded me some pictures before he shipped the bike off to JB for paint.

I wanted it to be able to handle wider tires, canti brakes and fenders and to be an all day bike for those long winter rides on the Eastern Shore. Since I had a lugged Merckx MXL and an e-richie on order, I decided to get this bike Filet Brazed....Dave did a great job.

Here are some pictures to wet your appetite.

Enjoy.

Len

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
My co-worker popped his head over my wall...

to see why I said "OH MY GOODNESS" so loud.

Nice......

What is the paint scheme? Is this a cx racer or a mean, mean street machine.

Funny, the iPod is playing JB's SexMachine as I view your post. If you haven't named her yet...

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
racerx said:
to see why I said "OH MY GOODNESS" so loud.

Nice......

What is the paint scheme? Is this a cx racer or a mean, mean street machine.

Funny, the iPod is playing JB's SexMachine as I view your post. If you haven't named her yet...
Paint scheme's a secret....JB . Dave & I are gonna have some fun......

It's for long winter rides on the Eastern Shore of MD in and weather.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Len

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Coming over from NCD

Hey! I remember on the DC RBR ride you mentioned that you were planning to get a Kirk. Glad to see you pulled the trigger. His bikes look so good without paint.

Still loving mine--hope yours is equally pleasing. It's way different from mine, but I bet it'll be just as great.

Remember this?

·
No Crybabies
11,684 Posts
clearcoat?

Len J said:
I decided to replace my Street Dog with a Dave Kirk Custom.......Dave finished the Bike yesterday and forwarded me some pictures before he shipped the bike off to JB for paint.

I wanted it to be able to handle wider tires, canti brakes and fenders and to be an all day bike for those long winter rides on the Eastern Shore. Since I had a lugged Merckx MXL and an e-richie on order, I decided to get this bike Filet Brazed....Dave did a great job.

Here are some pictures to wet your appetite.

Enjoy.

Len
Hmm. That looks so nice, I wonder if you could just clearcoat it, and not paint?

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah.......

Fixed said:
Hmm. That looks so nice, I wonder if you could just clearcoat it, and not paint?
I've got a scheme in mind that JB & Dave like.....he's gonna add his artistry and......well we shall see.

Len

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I remember.....

bikeboy389 said:
Hey! I remember on the DC RBR ride you mentioned that you were planning to get a Kirk. Glad to see you pulled the trigger. His bikes look so good without paint.

Still loving mine--hope yours is equally pleasing. It's way different from mine, but I bet it'll be just as great.

Remember this?
I had pulled the trigger when we met. I can't wait to get the bike.

Len

·
Non non normal
10,092 Posts
Len,

That is drool worthy. You all are raising the bar on bikes. I thought my fixie was special after I painted it and got a new rear wheel and put on that gold bling bling chain.

How do I compete with you and MB1. These beauties are artforms and functional.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
What big said. Sweet ride, Len. You gonna show her off if MB1 has a spring fixed gear extravaganza??

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Absolutly......

Kram59 said:
What big said. Sweet ride, Len. You gonna show her off if MB1 has a spring fixed gear extravaganza??
Thanks for the kind words Kram & Bigbill.

Len

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Chain Bridge Road is waiting.......

...for you to break that thing in.

When are we going to ride again? I'm thinking about some sort of Saturday Social ride with the folks from Balmer. Miss M and I gave away our car so it will have to be a casual tour of DC (with the Chain Bridge option).

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let me know.......

MB1 said:
...for you to break that thing in.

When are we going to ride again? I'm thinking about some sort of Saturday Social ride with the folks from Balmer. Miss M and I gave away our car so it will have to be a casual tour of DC (with the Chain Bridge option).
when you're planning it.

Chain Bridge it is....for the break in. I shouldhave the bike in 6 weeks or so.

Len

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Len, talk to me about your current fixie frame before you ebay it.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No problem.

haiku d'etat said:
Len
PPPPPPPPP

·
Non non normal
10,092 Posts
haiku d'etat said:

"You can't handle Len's fixed Gear!!!" Spoken in my best Jack Nicholson imitation
Talking

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
zeytin said:
That's the new baby. Looks great! I love the sweep of the rear stays (that's not right is it?) It looks beautiful but I can't wait to see it complete with paint job. Have you decided on the rest of the build?
Thanks.

I can't wait for the paint either.

I built up a set of Open Pro's on Phil Wood hubs....have a Phil Wood BB, D/A cranks....and a Brooks Swallow all waiting. I've got paul Canti's on ored too. So I'm pretty much set.

Len

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
OOOh

That's the new baby. Looks great! I love the sweep of the rear stays (that's not right is it?) It looks beautiful but I can't wait to see it complete with paint job. Have you decided on the rest of the build?

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks....

il sogno said:
This is going to be a beauty, Len. You'll post pics when it's done, eh?
PICS as soon as I have the paint.

Len

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Awesome, Len. What do you say in a case like this? Congratulations? Cheers? I'm jealous, so don't let me catch you and your bike alone in a dark alley?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts