Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building up a new frame that has the same sta of 72 degrees as my old frame.
The hta and top tube length is different, but I should be able to put my seat post and saddle from the old frame to the new, without fore and aft adjustments. Right??

The seat post diameter on both of the frames is the same. I'm thinking, the only adjustment should be the stem for the different reach. Thanks....Tim

·
497 Posts
I 'think' you're correct!

t-moore said:
I am building up a new frame that has the same sta of 72 degrees as my old frame.
The hta and top tube length is different, but I should be able to put my seat post and saddle from the old frame to the new, without fore and aft adjustments. Right??

The seat post diameter on both of the frames is the same. I'm thinking, the only adjustment should be the stem for the different reach. Thanks....Tim
...assuming you're using the same pedals and crank length

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're referring to the insertion of the seat post, ie. keep the saddle height the same.

terry b said:
As long as you maintain the distance from the saddle to the center of the BB, then yes - it's a straight across swap "as is."

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
t-moore said:
You're referring to the insertion of the seat post, ie. keep the saddle height the same.
Yes, with the same STA you're able to remove the post and saddle as one unit on the old bike and insert them into the new bike and end up with exactly the same position fore/aft as long as you make sure the height of the saddle is the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts