Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished up a frame and thought I might share a couple of photos with you fine folks. A lugged steel credit-card tourer complete with polished stainless head lugs and fork crown (as well as other assorted bits), and custom painted fenders.

I believe it is getting built up into a full bike later today so I am curious to see what the build spec will be.

Flickr site is here for more pics if anyone has an interest.
https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157604141273371/

· Registered
5,844 Posts
components

tindrum said:
maybe not the exact spec i'd choose, but absolutely gorgeous work... i always think it's a shame when you see such amazing hand-built frames with comparatively ugly mass-produced components on it.
You sound like a Campy snob. I've used both Campy and Shimano components extensively, and I prefer Shimano hands down. To each his own, but I don't know how you can call Ultegra "comparatively ugly mass-produced components."

· eminence grease
18,559 Posts
tarwheel2 said:
You sound like a Campy snob. I've used both Campy and Shimano components extensively, and I prefer Shimano hands down. To each his own, but I don't know how you can call Ultegra "comparatively ugly mass-produced components."
Now don't be dumping on Campy Snobs. I'm a Campy Snob and I agree with you, which is why I asked the OP what they were talking about relative to "cheap" components. I assume they were ragging on the Ultegra brakes, which is interesting because this being a credit card tourer, there aren't many choices for long reach calipers, which is what I am assuming those are.

· Registered
1,793 Posts
tarwheel2 said:
Yes, some people only believe if it's not Record, Dura Ace, or Red, then they are not parts.

. . . or if you don't have a Chris King headset, then that means you couldn't afford a Chris King headset. I like Chris King headsets, Their customer service is second to none. I bought an old Chris King headset with bad bearings from a friend. I called Chris King and told them my situation. They replaced the bearing for free, even knowing I bought it from someone else. However for 1/2 the price you can get a CaneCreek headset. I don't know about their customer service in reguards to replacment of bearing in headset you didn't buy (I suspect it's good), but I've never seen a Cane Creek headset break. It's been my experience the function of these two items are exactly the same.

· Banned
7,191 Posts
OK, I got a deal for any framebuilder that wants to take me up on it.

Y'all make beee-you-teeful frames. Gorgeous. But then you put on yer logos. And it just falls to pieces.

I will trade out my design work for a custom frame- I'll design you decals that will actually do justice to yer work. A logo that wasn't designed in mac paint or word. I'll even work out colorways if you'd like. You hook me up with yer decal provider and I will work with them to create something that doesn't just look good, it also works well.

· Registered
1,932 Posts
buck-50 said:
OK, I got a deal for any framebuilder that wants to take me up on it.

Y'all make beee-you-teeful frames. Gorgeous. But then you put on yer logos. And it just falls to pieces.

I will trade out my design work for a custom frame- I'll design you decals that will actually do justice to yer work. A logo that wasn't designed in mac paint or word. I'll even work out colorways if you'd like. You hook me up with yer decal provider and I will work with them to create something that doesn't just look good, it also works well.

· Banned
7,191 Posts
Kestreljr said:
Yeah, I know, no one cares about this stuff but me.

Then again, most consumers don't want custom frames, why would custom frame makers want custom designs?

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
bwana said:
Wow, your work is looking more and more like Llewellyn's, and I mean that as a compliment. Very nice.
Anyone who would take that as anything other than a top-shelf complement has never seen Dazza's work. Matter of fact, he designed the downtube cable adjuster.

Thank you for making my day with the complement.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.