Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone knows what I can do to solve this problem. I charged my Edge 305 overnight after downloading yesterday's commute information. The battery was all but run dry at the time, with the "low battery" warning flashing at the start of my 40-minute (I have longer routes, but had to go short yesterday) ride home. This morning, all the thing does is, unblinkingly, tell me "battery charging complete." No matter which button(s) I push, in every combination I can think of, I can't get it to turn on. Anyone else had this happen? Know of a way to get it up and running again.

I'm thinking that I'll plug it back in when I get home today and see if that will somehow "shock" it back to life, but beyond that, I have no idea what to do as there doesn't seem to be a battery casing over an overall reset button. Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Colorado Springs, CO
631 Posts
Get the Firmware Update

You need to get the latest updates. Garmin has made it easy to do this.

On the Garmin website, dowload the web updater from here:

http://www.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp

Then, follow the directions. The web updater will ask you some questions, look for the device, and then perform any necessary dowloads right to your device. WARNING: Remember to download all your tracks first as the update says it is erasing the memory in the unit (the user settings get restored -- doesn't touch already downloaded information.).

The whole process (including the software installation) took about 10 minutes (off a cable internet connection).

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
in the worst case scenario, Garmin has the absolute best customer service and warranty service I have ever had the privilage of having to use.

·
Registered
246 Posts
ColoradoVeloDude said:
You need to get the latest updates. Garmin has made it easy to do this.

On the Garmin website, dowload the web updater from here:

http://www.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp

Then, follow the directions. The web updater will ask you some questions, look for the device, and then perform any necessary dowloads right to your device. WARNING: Remember to download all your tracks first as the update says it is erasing the memory in the unit (the user settings get restored -- doesn't touch already downloaded information.).

The whole process (including the software installation) took about 10 minutes (off a cable internet connection).
Unfortunately, the updated fixed another problem and has caused another problem. I am sure they will get it fixed, but it is frustrating to have it crash in the middle of the ride and lose your ride data. On version 2.3 and below, it crashed when switching into the altitude profile screen. I updated to 2.4 and everything seemed good, until I switched into the map screen. It froze up. Fortunately, it saved my milage and time, but it did lose the map info and the ride profile. They have been great about getting these fixes done quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.