Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just wanted to say hello to everyone :) I am a new rider and I just bought and older yokota, it says gran turismo on it but I don't know if that's the actual model. It has the shifters on the frame and its all steel (atleast thats what the guy told me about the frame).

It's been kind of a brat already though, had to grab some new Hutchinson Reflex Basic Black Road Tires and tubes with presta valves. I don't know how great they are but since I just ride in the city and for fun, I figure I didnt need anything insane. Not to mention tires adn tubes shipped was only 40 bucks..can't beat that. I guess I should get on with my post.

I am looking for some platform style pedals. I don't really want to wear clips while riding in the city and I won't be riding 500miles every day so platforms are just fine with me. Do they offer nice platform style pedals for road bikes? If so where can I get them and how much can I expect to pay?

I did a lot of searching and only came up with platform pedals intended for special "clip" shoes. Sorry if this is total noob but since I am a total noob I guess its okay. lol

-Ali

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
hey, welcome. just ride that thing, it's a "rider" not a showpiece.

there are plenty of good platform type pedals out there. on my casual bike I use the ultra cheap black plastic ones; they work fine. if you want something nicer, the dearly departed Mr Sheldon Brown has a great page to look at here:

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/pedals.html

have fun!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
John Nelson said:
Find a cyclist riding in fancy clothes. Follow him home. He's got a whole box full of platform pedals in his garage.
:lol: Surely you can't mean me? :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol thanks for the info. I don't think i'll be following anyone home though. I have some crappy black plastic pedals but they are cracked and I don't want them to break on a ride. so, I ended up buying these wellgo track pedals...

28 shipped, can't complain. Thanks for that link btw! I can't wait for my new tires and tubes to come in so I can start riding : )

-Ali

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.