Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Adventure Seeker
5,123 Posts
Are you saying that your head is just empty space? Just teasing! I wish I could help in this matter but I just got my first helmet ever. Thankfully it fits very comfortably but the color is lacking...

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
I have the same problem with Giros and find the Bell Ghisallo to be much better. Have not tried any others. Please keep us posted. - TF

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Giro Ionos

Try the Giro Ionos. Same fit as the Pneumo. My atmos kinda felt the same way.

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,124 Posts
TurboTurtle said:
I have the same problem with Giros and find the Bell Ghisallo to be much better. Have not tried any others. Please keep us posted. - TF
+1. I also have an Atmos and it fits PRECISELY the same as yours does. I went to a Bell and Poof! perfect fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

You might want to try the Lazer Genesis. The fit system is very different from most helmets. A cable cinches the fit system around your head rather than having the back part of the helmet pushing your head against the front part.

Hope this helps.

·
i like whiskey
8,493 Posts
Giro's fit me the exact same way as your pic. I've never found a Giro model that fits me. Bell fits me well, but Limar fits me best. Too bad they don't make my preferred Limar model anymore (105/705). I don't like any of the current Limar's either.

I'm thinking of trying a Uvex Boss Race next.

PS - Get a neutral color helmet, like solid white or black. They go with everything.

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
you need to clamp your head in a vice, (front to back) when you go to bed at night. After a few years the general shape of your head should be changed......

·
goodbye fraudriguez
387 Posts
The medical term for this head shape is dolichocephaly.

It is seen most often in premature infants in the NICU.

Also in neglected children when their mother never picks them up.

Why did your mother hate you?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Back in my motorcycling days, it was said that you either had an "Arai head" or a "Shoei head" (brands of m/c helmets). It's probably the same with bicycle helmets, with the round vs. long oval head shape preferred by one brand over another.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.