Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My IRO Mark V frameset came this week. I finished building it up last night. I can't believe the quality of this frame/fork for the price.

I paid $249 for the frame and fork and another $160 for the wheels.

The wheels are IRO hubs laced to IRO rims. These rims are very shiny and appear to be very well contructed. They were straight and true right out of the box. I only have about 50 miles so far but I'm very impressed.

Here are the particulars

Frame/Fork- IRO Mark V 53cm frame with straight blade steel threadless fork
Cranks- Dura Ace track 45T track ring and Shimano pedals
Brakes- Dura Ace 25th brake caliper with Dura Ace 7402 Brake levers
Headset- 1 1/8 Cane Creek
Stem/Bar- Generic 100mm silver stem with 40cm TTT bars
Wheels- IRO 32h hubs laced to IRO rims
Saddle- San Marco Rolls with 27.2 generic silver seat post.
Cog- 17T gear inches- 70"

I wouldn't hesitate dealing with IRO again. I bought some hubs about 6 months ago and was so impressed I bought a frame and wheels. Tony is a great guy who will answer any questions you have..

·
Premium Member
20,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7600. I've had them forever. They keep going strong..

I really like the clean lines of the frame. I wanted a fixed specific frame that was drilled for brakes. I didn't want braze-ons for fenders or racks. I am a big fan of staight blade forks. The Mark V fit the bill perfectly. The only thing I'd change is to have the bottle mount on the down tube instead of the seat tube

·
Registered
216 Posts
The bike looks great. I have been looking at the Jamie Roy as a commuter.
What are you impressions of the stock IRO wheels? Do you have any experience with the Aerohead or Deep V to say it is worth the upgrade?

·
Premium Member
20,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
StormShadow said:
The bike looks great. I have been looking at the Jamie Roy as a commuter.
What are you impressions of the stock IRO wheels? Do you have any experience with the Aerohead or Deep V to say it is worth the upgrade?
I just got back from an 80 miles ride and I'd say the stock wheels are just as nice a Velocity wheels. If you want colors, go with Velocity. I you like shiny silver rims, the stock wheels are hard to beat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.