Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it unbelievable that this is not talked about more! What, are you guys holding out? Installed a set of KCNC skewers in place of the Campy boat anchors and holybeej'esus, man is my bike fast! Up hill, down hill, on the flats, around the bends ALL BETTER!! 90g at the hub was the ticket, most cost effective bike upgrade I have ever done! Heck now even the cute girls jogging wave, life is good:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
I bet you can hardly turn the pedals with two full water bottles. lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
giosblue said:
I bet you can hardly turn the pedals with two full water bottles. lol

Water bottles...I don't ride with those...they just cramp my style, lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zen Cyclery said:
Haha. Yes I find titanium skewers to me much more practical than staying hydrated as well. :D
Hydration is so overrated! I mean look at this guy, he hasn't had a drink for 70 years and he still looks fresh as a daisy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,061 Posts
Just dont go off any curb or pop up a small edge. They are made to be light, not hold your wheel on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,372 Posts
If you buy other KCNC parts, they eliminate the need for food and might even have physics reversal properties.
 

·
wasssabi
Joined
·
2,081 Posts
I need to look into these. 3 mph faster = training only once maybe twice a week. More time for beer and T.V.
Thanks for the tip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Cpk said:
I find it unbelievable that this is not talked about more! What, are you guys holding out? Installed a set of KCNC skewers in place of the Campy boat anchors and holybeej'esus, man is my bike fast! Up hill, down hill, on the flats, around the bends ALL BETTER!! 90g at the hub was the ticket, most cost effective bike upgrade I have ever done! Heck now even the cute girls jogging wave, life is good:thumbsup:
I bought the exact same skewers and experienced similar results. :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gearhead65 said:
I bought the exact same skewers and experienced similar results. :D
SEE!! SEE!! Awesome! I knew there would be some converts! wooooohooooo :thumbsup:







:D


On a more serious note they are very nice, no spontaneous dislodgement etc. even though they were a bit pricey they are well made and I'm happy with the purchase. Now only if the came loaded with some sort of pheromones so the cute girl joggers/bikers did actually wave!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
After reading this thread, I got really excited about the impact that different skewers would make in terms of speed and power. So before this morning's ride, I removed my skewers altogether. The results were simply amazing. However, a tad bit of brake rub and bunny-hops were a bit of a challenge.......:idea:
 

·
A wheelist
Joined
·
11,322 Posts
thedog said:
After reading this thread, I got really excited about the impact that different skewers would make in terms of speed and power. So before this morning's ride, I removed my skewers altogether. The results were simply amazing. However, a tad bit of brake rub and bunny-hops were a bit of a challenge.......:idea:
We're all trying to be serious and you're just being silly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,494 Posts
Lovely. Just when I thought I had an advantage you guys go on the interwebs and spill your guts. Have to go full ceramic and use Optygen laced with Sportlegs to get free speed now.
 

·
wheelbuilder
Joined
·
2,220 Posts
Cpk said:
I find it unbelievable that this is not talked about more! What, are you guys holding out? Installed a set of KCNC skewers in place of the Campy boat anchors and holybeej'esus, man is my bike fast! Up hill, down hill, on the flats, around the bends ALL BETTER!! 90g at the hub was the ticket, most cost effective bike upgrade I have ever done! Heck now even the cute girls jogging wave, life is good:thumbsup:
Send me your Campy boat anchors please.

-Eric
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top