Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum, just signed on, greetings to all. I guess the main reason I'm here is my passion for riding but also I'm in the spring buying mode. Any suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated. So far its full carbon/ultegra with a relaxed geometry (G fondo style). Haven't narrowed down the brand yet, so give me your thoughts
Tom

·
Banned
697 Posts
I have full carbon but the lowest end Trek model and it cost me over $2,000. You better be ready to pay up. I heard about Titanium bikes but never rode one. Something to look into if you haven't already.

The issue with Carbon is if you take a spill any damage to the frame and it will compromise the strength, in other words it is not safe and you have to discard it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Try the Cannondale Synnapse line, very relaxed geometry and handles all the bumps very well. Are you 100% stuck on Shimano?? When you go out and test ride, make sure to try a SRAM setup, I said I'd never switch but once I did... I'll never go back to Shimano. Try a rival setup, that price range will be between 105's and the Ultegra. Your still gonna look at around $2800-$3400.

Hi forum, just signed on, greetings to all. I guess the main reason I'm here is my passion for riding but also I'm in the spring buying mode. Any suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated. So far its full carbon/ultegra with a relaxed geometry (G fondo style). Haven't narrowed down the brand yet, so give me your thoughts
Tom

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,981 Posts
I've ridden the Roubaix & the Giant Defy advanced. I bought the Giant a couple of years ago & love it. The Roubaix is also an excellent bike, but the Giant fit me better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have just joined this forum and hoping to get on well with this. I love to go for biking specially during summer with my family and I have three years old daughter and thinking of buying her a new bile. Any suggestions please?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.