1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Hey Len. Just curious. What advantage, if any, are those curved seat stays supposed to deliver, other than looking real cool and sexy? Great bike, again.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kram59 said:
Hey Len. Just curious. What advantage, if any, are those curved seat stays supposed to deliver, other than looking real cool and sexy? Great bike, again.
Dave Kirk was responsible for the DKS rear when he was at Serotta.......He also had input in to the ST rear. Both were designed to keep the rear planted on the road especially on bumps and cracks. He designed the Terraplane to accomplish the same thing. As he says on his site:

"The curved seatstays of the Terraplane allow a small amount of vertical movement and are designed to keep the rear tire in firm and constant contact with the surface. Each set of stays is bent by hand to a given radius determined by the size and weight of the rider and the intended use of the bike. The feel and stiffness of the frame is regulated by the amount of bend in the stays. Heavy riders generally would have less bend to allow less movement. Lighter riders would have more bend and more travel.
With the Terraplane option you'll feel more confident cornering and descending, and you'll enjoy true all day comfort. "

I have the ST option on my Ottrott and it does work. I liked the way it looks, and I trust Dave. I'll let you know if it has any effect.

Len

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Thanks. That, and it looks good ;)

·
Done with winter.
2,635 Posts
Jeesh... that is a gorgeous frame Len. JB did a fantastic job on the paint/pin striping... wow.

Post some photos when you get it built!!

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
asterisk said:
Jeesh... that is a gorgeous frame Len. JB did a fantastic job on the paint/pin striping... wow.

Post some photos when you get it built!!
Thanks

len

1 - 7 of 7 Posts