Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a new, left-over Sensium 400 frame built up by my LBS with all Ultegra and Miche wheels.
Rules question: I'm 53 with a gut and an occasional flare-up of a herniated disc. This bike fits and feels great as pictured, but should I still flip the stem for pics??
View attachment 276825

·
Registered
999 Posts
If you are going to flip the stem you will also want shift into the big ring, get the valve stems vertical, the crankarms parallel to the ground and align the tire logos with the valve stem. Way too much work just for us, it looks good as is! Good to see another Lapierre on the board.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
no 53 cm bike should have a foot of seatpost exposed
you have a heap of stack spacers and an upturned stem because the bike is too small for you. This is where the tubes should be

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no 53 cm bike should have a foot of seatpost exposed
you have a heap of stack spacers and an upturned stem because the bike is too small for you. This is where the tubes should be
Thanks for your input. I wish I had checked with you before buying an ill-fitting bike. BTW, I'm 53 years old, it is not a 53cm frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.