Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
So basically a Garmin 510, with 2x the battery life at 1/2 the price. Very interesting...as charging my Garmin in the middle of a long 12+ hour ride can be a nuisance. Reviews would be good...the software could either make it a fantastic head unit or an epic fail.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The only thing that kept me for getting the previous version was the lack of live tracking. With that feature added I can't see anything with the exception of awful reviews preventing me for getting this version.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
That's some serious 1980's Nintendo graphics right there....
Hey now, in Lezyne's defense...they don't seem to have that puke-worthy greenish-yellow Brazil-Olympic-Swimming-Pool-Water color to the screens....

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Looks like it needs to be paired with a phone to do turn by turn navigation - that's a non starter for me. Wouldn't want to run down my phone battery on a super long ride to get the turn by turn - plugging a back up battery into my 510 is easy to do.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks like it needs to be paired with a phone to do turn by turn navigation - that's a non starter for me. Wouldn't want to run down my phone battery on a super long ride to get the turn by turn - plugging a back up battery into my 510 is easy to do.
No wonder the price is so low.

Might as well just use your phone then.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I figure one device is enough for a bike ride so I just use my phone.

I certainly like the idea of this, however I don't enjoy having my phone on my stem nor do i like having to keep it on all of the time in order to see my stats. Tried it, but can't do it.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I certainly like the idea of this, however I don't enjoy having my phone on my stem nor do i like having to keep it on all of the time in order to see my stats. Tried it, but can't do it.
I just put it in my jersey pocket and turn off the main screen. Generally about 8% to 12% of the battery for a usual 20 to 30 mile ride. I am just an average cyclist and my goals are to make 100mi a week and to enjoy the process. I do look at Strava after I upload.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts