Nice bike, I'm sure you'll love it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Nice bike! I ordered one myself a week ago too. :D

·
Juanmoretime
2,201 Posts
:thumbsup: A very satisfied R320 owner here. 2.6 years and it still feels like the first time every time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone!!! I can't wait for it to arrive......it just made it to NY today for it's long flight to Abu Dhabi!!! Maybe 3 more days!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HazemBata said:
Abu Dhabi...how's Ramadan in the UAE? Have you been to the new Khalifa tower in Dubai?
Ramadan Kareem!!!!! Ramadan is Ramadan.......I don't fast, but I still enjoy it because most of my friends are Emirates, so I usually get invited to some awesome IFTAR meals!!!!
I've been to see the Khalifa tower, but don't have the nerves to go up to the observation deck since the elevator thing that happened when it first opened. Not sure of the full details, but I do know that people were stuck on the observation floor for a few hours because of a malfunction with the elevator. Some say they heard a bang and smoke coming from the elevator doors....not sure exactly what went down....so for now I'm content just looking at it from the ground!!!! :p :p :p :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did look at other bikes, actually I did about 2 months worth of research, asking questions, talking to friends who own Ti bikes, talking directly to builders as well. There's two reasons why I went with Lynskey (and these are my own personal reasons). 1. the companies history and reputation 2. The way I was treated when talking to them on the phone. I currently live overseas, so I needed to feel comfortable dealing with a company long distance. I got that from Lynskey. I was in the market for a Ti bike for a couple of reasons, my age (just turned 41), my fitness level, my living conditions (meaning I travel a lot so wanted a bike that would stand up to traveling), and this is the last bike I will buy for the rest of my life. I was originally looking at the Helix, but after several long talks with sales, I went with the R230. I wanted an all around frame which focused on rider comfort. This is something else that made me realize that they aren't just in it for the cash. The price difference between the Helix and the R230 is substantial. The sales rep could have not said anything and let me go with the Helix, but he actually talked me into going with the R230. After that, my mind was set, I made the decision to not look at any other bikes and made the order. Hope this answers your question.....

·
Slow but not so steady
598 Posts
I was set for a custom steel frame when I traded emails with Lynskey and then phone calls. The communication sealed the deal and went with Lynskey. The frame fits me great and the geometry suits me to a T. Enjoy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts