Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· smell my finger
1,076 Posts
madone 5.2 seat

I purchase the same bike this past March and have done many rides with it including a 3 day 180 mile event. I was seriously considering swapping out the seat when the bike was built but I waited. The seat remains on the bike and I have around 1200 miles or so in the saddle. It may not be perfect and there maybe a more comfortable saddle but I'll stick with it until I know it's the saddle and not the shorts, fit etc...

· You got any chocolate?
94 Posts
I did switch out my saddle to a Selle SMP Evolution. But in all fairness, that is the only saddle I will ride on so the stock saddle on any bike always gets replaced.

· Registered
1,346 Posts
the sky above said:
Hi. I bought and took home a new Madone 5.2 performance with the compact crank today. The seat hurts like hell. Have you changed yours, or do you ride with the original seat?
Ride what came off your old bike. Saddle choice is personal and cannot possibly be answered by others as to what is good for you.

· Registered
154 Posts
My saddle hurt like h..ll as well! but i think you just need to break it in, because i don't really find to much discomfort. But i do have another question if anyone knew which Selle Italia saddles are lighter and softer than the Bontrager saddle current on the 6.5? I would like a softer one, but i can't tell by all the options from Selle Italia which one is softer and hopefully lighter :)

· Registered
398 Posts
6.5 pro saddle

I was fully expecting to have to change the seat on my 6.5 pro when I got it this winter. However, it's proved to be a very comfortable saddle (for me), and it's even staying fairly white! I guess it probably doesn't hurt that I've only ridden the bike in the rain once.

Probably not the lightest thing going though...

· Registered
73 Posts
I've got maybe 100 miles on my new Madonne 5.2 (excellent BTW as you all know). Am trying the saddle since it's 25 grams lighter than my Fizik Arione and I like the look. Have been pleasantly surprised, but its' early in the game. Noticably shorter than the Fizik, but overall comfortable.

· Registered
503 Posts
I have not changed out my original seat. I haven't had any issues with it and find it comfortable on long rides. It is showing some signs of wear, some of the gray has worn off but it just adds character.

· Registered
81 Posts
The stock saddle worked okay for me, but I eventually opted to change to a Toupe Team which I do like a bit more. If you don't already have a particular saddle you really like, I think it's important to give the stock saddle a few rides before you make any decisions on it (unless it's just killing you).

· Registered
398 Posts
BTW, congrats tsa,tb on finally pulling the trigger on the madone! I guess this will at least get 08Madone5.2 off your back:D :thumbsup:

Cheers.

· Registered
503 Posts
epicxt said:
BTW, congrats tsa,tb on finally pulling the trigger on the madone! I guess this will at least get 08Madone5.2 off your back:D :thumbsup:

Cheers.
Epi -

Can you blame me??? LOL. By the way, thanks for backing me up all these months you've been lurking on the board! I look forward to seeing Tar's posts regarding his real life experiences with his new Madone. He shouldn't have that much to post now because the bike is awesome. I just want to hear all about his great long rides now.

· Registered
398 Posts
Yup!

I'm still amazed at how one bike can be so light, fast and stable and still be the most comfortable all-day bike I've ever ridden. I'm still in the stage where I won't ride it in the rain (I live in Seattle), and if I have to drive to races it rides in the cab with me:)

Lovin' the ride,
Epicxt

· Registered
503 Posts
the sky above said:
08Madone5.2- I want to thank you for all your help and advice you have given me.
Tar -

I wish you only the best with your new 5.2, welcome to the family! Use it well and in the best of health. I look forward to reading your future posts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.