Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. My name is Daniel, checking in from Virginia. Like quite a few people these days, I have rediscovered riding a bike as an adult, primarily for fitness. I started riding again about a year and a half ago, testing the waters on a cheap big box bike. I really grew to love riding, but I was not in love with that bike at all. I shredded it in short order.

Not wanting to give up on riding, I decided to go ahead and buy a real bike. Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Mode of transport I bought an entry level GT mtb, and have been much better served by that one. In hindsight, I probably should have bought a more pavement oriented bike, given my intended purpose, but I have really enjoyed bombing around on the mtb. After a while though, N+1 got the better of me, and I started to get an itch for a road bike to go with the GT.

One of the pitfalls of being chronically cheap is that you tend to put off things that you want. I guess my wife got tired of hearing about road bikes, because this was waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday. Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

I really didn't want to spend the money on it, but now that it is here... I love it. It is an entry level Charge Plug, and probably doesn't fall into most road bikers definition of a fast bike, but after a year of riding a mtb, this thing feels like a rocket ship. I have to go to work in a few minutes, and I am going atop my new ride. Funny thing is, today I can't wait to walk out the door. Anyhow, I thought I should post up and introduce myself.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new bike. LOVE the stealth look!

Oh, and your wife sounds terrific! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Yeah, my wife is pretty great. I really wanted it when I saw the ad in the bike shop's flyer, but I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on it. Rather than letting me just talk myself out of it, she went ahead and ordered it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thank you! Yeah, my wife is pretty great. I really wanted it when I saw the ad in the bike shop's flyer, but I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on it. Rather than letting me just talk myself out of it, she went ahead and ordered it.
Please have your wife talk to my wife. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you kindly. This is my first time really riding a road bike, and I have to say, so far I love it. Mostly I have used it for a work commuter, and I really like the feel of it. The extra speed certainly doesn't hurt either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.