Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Care to suggest a model of tire that you're interested in, or are you asking about every single tire in the Michelin line, MTB, hybrid, touring, training, and racing?
He's talking about the new Power Competition tires that is replacing the Pro 4 Service Course.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Both the Power Competition and Power Endurance have been tested at the Bicycle Rolling Resistance review site. The Comps are the fastest clincher when using a butyl tube, with middling sidewall puncture protection. The Endurances were disappointing, proving both slower and more puncture prone than the old Pro4 Endurance model.

I have 28mm Endurances coming, but they won't be going on my bike until my Corsa G+ need to be replaced.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Is the Pro 4 Endurance and Service Course tires being discontinued with the
introduction of the new Power Line.

Edit: a quick google shows the Pro 4 line is replaced with the new more expensive Power line.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Both the Power Competition and Power Endurance have been tested at the Bicycle Rolling Resistance review site. The Comps are the fastest clincher when using a butyl tube, with middling sidewall puncture protection. The Endurances were disappointing, proving both slower and more puncture prone than the old Pro4 Endurance model.

I have 28mm Endurances coming, but they won't be going on my bike until my Corsa G+ need to be replaced.
I mounted up new Power Endurance tires (23/25) and loved the ride, very supple.
Another plus is that the 25's measure just a hair over 25 (on 19mm inner rim width rim), unlike the Pro4 25mm which measured 27.6mm on the same rim and couldn't be used on my TCR frame.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts