Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Velonews it said that Easton released the EC90SL wheels , a 38mm carbon wheelset that weighs just under 1300 grams. (released at Sea Otter) R4sl hubs. Anyone have any more info? I think they are tubulars, not sure. I would really like to see them make a full carbon clincher, I'd be all over that!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Right you are, the EC90SL's are new for 2009 1/2. Details below. FYI we will also introduce more wheels this fall for 2010.

EC90SL
NEW FOR 2009

ADVANTAGE: Light enough for climbers, strong enough for cyclocross and aerodynamic enough to rip a hole through the wind on the flats, the new 38mm EC90SL is the perfect do-everything race wheel. They roll on silky-smooth R4SL hubs with Grade 3 ceramic bearings, and premium quality SwissStop™ pads are included. Amazing ride quality, excellent durability and no weight limit also come standard.

WEIGHT: 1232 grams.
HUBS: 18h R4SL front, 24h R4SL rear
RIM: Easton 38mm carbon tubular
SPOKES: Sapim™ double-butted black, straight pull
BUILD: Precision Handbuilt radial front, 2 cross rear DS, radial NDS rear

DETAILS: -New R4SL style rear hub with slip-fit axle and tool-free bearing adjustment.

-Dedicated Shimano, Campagnolo and SRAM cassette bodies.

-Custom Grade 3 ceramic bearings throughout

-SwissStop pads included

-MSRP $1999.99

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you able to tell me if the all carbon clinchers are coming?? I am trying to decide between Reynolds and Edge, but would prefer a set of Eastons, and would wait for them if they were coming. Otherwise, I am leaning towards the Edges. Thanks!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts