Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

New Moots Seatpost :(

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  FondriestFan 
gitoutdaway said:
To be fair, as a follow up I emailed Moots and they are willing to bead blast the whole thing for a very small charge plus shipping. Their rationale in leaving most of the mast brushed was to allow the buffing off of scratches at the clamp line/slide point on the post. This makes sense but I guess not what one expects given the famous (and sexy!) Moots silky finish. Moots owners be warned!
So if they bead blasted the post, people will complain; and if they leave it alone, people will complain. The only solution is to not make seat posts.

People lower and raise their seat post all the time. If you change crank length, get a new seat, pedals, or whatever. You might even want to sell it some day. I'd rather have it so you can buff the scratchs off. Besides the post is new and shiny and will dull a bit over time.

I don't understand by saying "not what one expects given the famous (and sexy!) Moots silky finish". By not bead blasting the post, and leaving it so it can be refinished by the buyer, make it easy for you to maintain a "Sexy" finish.

Maybe I'm getting the wrong vibe from your post, but it still sounds like you think Moots could do better. It's basically a catch 22.

BTW I have had a couple friends one who has had a frame 12 years, and another around 8 years that sent there frames back to Moots to get the scratchs buffed off and I think they did it for free. and I remember they got it back within a week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.