Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,136 Posts
Always enjoy a new Moots post. Is it DA with FSA cranks and flat bar? What kind of computer do you have? I love my Vamoots. Everytime I ride it, I come home with a huge smile. :)
Cheers, Wayne

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, DA group...

and FSA K-Wing bars (flat tops are great), stem and seatpost. Look HC3 fork, Arione saddle. Garmin Edge computer... heart rate, cadence, elevation, ascent distance, grade are all good training tools, however, battery time is much less than advertised... 6 to 7 hours instead of 10 to 12. I don't think I would do anything differently except maybe a bit stiffer wheels and loose the red cables (too much). Here's a couple more pics.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Could you show a picture taken from behind? There's nothing perverse about that, I just got my Vamoots, but with YBB steastays. Just want to see what the normal setup looks like. Also, do you have enough clearance for fatter tires? The back tire seems pretty close to the seat tube.
You can see mine in the "Frankenmoots" thread in commuting and touring.
What are your impressions after the first rides?
Beautiful bike.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Behind pictures...

Beethoven said:
Could you show a picture taken from behind? There's nothing perverse about that, I just got my Vamoots, but with YBB steastays. Just want to see what the normal setup looks like. Also, do you have enough clearance for fatter tires? The back tire seems pretty close to the seat tube.
You can see mine in the "Frankenmoots" thread in commuting and touring.
What are your impressions after the first rides?
Beautiful bike.
I'll try and get some more photos posted. There's really no room to use fatter tires, very tight clearence with seat rube and chain stays.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Multiple ways..

One option is to base the geometry on a larger frame but shorten the top tube to minimize reach. Another is to raise the head tube and increase the slope of the top tube.

I'm no frame designer but you will get different variations of geometry based on the rider's desires and the frame builders limitations (if any).

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi guys between moots vamoots, litespeed vortex / ultimate and seven axiom all ti whats your pick?

hmm..maybe too obvious since this is a moots thread.anyway id like to hear what you like or dislike abt all three thanks .
fly

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.