Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been listening to The National a lot recently. Really digging their new album, High Violet. I really dig the drumming in their music. Going to see them live tomorrow night...the last time I heard them was 4 years ago in New York City; they put on a free show to promote a new radio station. One of the better live acts I've ever seen...up there with Built to Spill and Phish.

Video is kinda strange;

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Love the lead's voice.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kram said:
Love the lead's voice.
Me too, though sometimes I wish he would articulate a little better so I could follow the lyrics.

·
Grey Manrod
9,227 Posts
I sort of go back and forth on The National. I guess it depends on the mood I'm in. I think the lyrics are often the weakest link in the chain, though.

I streamed the new one a few times and thought it was ok, but didn't buy it. Maybe I'll get around to it some day, but right now, I like The Boxer the best.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brick Tamland said:
I sort of go back and forth on The National. I guess it depends on the mood I'm in. I think the lyrics are often the weakest link in the chain, though.

I streamed the new one a few times and thought it was ok, but didn't buy it. Maybe I'll get around to it some day, but right now, I like The Boxer the best.
My first impression of High Violet was meh. But after several listens it's really grown on me; definitely not as rocking as their other works, but it has a real nice mood to it. Many of the songs start of slow and build up to a moderate climax, which I really enjoy in music.

Definitely mood music, though.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Anyone here like Metric? Love this song--I think it came out last year so it may be old news to some here, but I just heard it the other day.

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sIOA8ERd_Jc&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
Anyone here like Metric? Love this song--I think it came out last year so it may be old news to some here, but I just heard it the other day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts