Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give you all a little down low on whats going on next year, Right now it is in the works for a 6 race national series, that will hopefully be expanding to 8 for 2005. From what I know there are going to be 2 races in the NW, 2 in the NE and 2 in the Mid-atlantic The promoters have already got the go ahead from USA cycling to for it to be used as a worlds selection critiera. Sounds good to me. Only 7 months till Cross Starts

·
Registered
405 Posts
CycloCross said:
Only 7 months till Cross Starts
Thats great news, hope its not as long as 7 months for me, I am planning on putting on a fairly low key summer series for the local cross nuts and hopefully get a few young uns involved (under 12 if poss)

Anyone presently run/attend summer CX?

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
we did an informal May Gray-June Gloom Series (KINDA LIKE PICK-UP BACKETBALL)
last year as these 2 months (it's referred to by aforementioned names due to a weather anomoly as the Catalina Eddy) are some of our coldest. Note: if you plan on a San Diego Summer vacation wait til August or early Sept. was fun to zip around in the fog in June.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds like alot of fun....

a whole lot more fun than intervals, hill repeats, and base miles. I would really like to see a cross specific club or atleast an informal group that keeps up cross related training, rides, and races throughout the "off season" in this area (SE PA). Is there anyone in my backyard that feels the same ?

·
Cyclocross is Seasonal?
711 Posts
GreenFan said:
a whole lot more fun than intervals, hill repeats, and base miles. I would really like to see a cross specific club or atleast an informal group that keeps up cross related training, rides, and races throughout the "off season" in this area (SE PA). Is there anyone in my backyard that feels the same ?
Ooh ooh summer cross sounds fun! I'm in central NJ and wouldn't mind traveling that far...

·
Deliciously Ironic
1,006 Posts
well, you can imagine my skepticism regarding this....especially with the Fed all gung ho. Who are the promoters? Otherwise it's blah blah blah 'unidentified third party source' material.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.