Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
My first thoughts too. Sort of normalized? Kind of lost a bit of it's edge. Of course I think the seattube/seatpost clamp area is a real let down. Meh. Probably a good bike though.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I kind of like this one. I am biased though because it looks a lot like the Giant TCR and I love that bike. It also sounds like there was a method to their madness and it wasn't about looks as much as it was weight and stiffness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=154&v=CBO3_x8P5q0
They always say that the new one is lighter and stiffer than the old one because those are the buzz words that sell bikes.

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
They always say that the new one is lighter and stiffer than the old one because those are the buzz words that sell bikes.
That doesn't mean it's not true though, right? Are you suggesting that Emonda isn't actually lighter than the Madone or that the Supersix Evo isn't truly lighter than the old Supersix because it was advertised as such?

·
Registered
2 Posts
That doesn't mean it's not true though, right? Are you suggesting that Emonda isn't actually lighter than the Madone or that the Supersix Evo isn't truly lighter than the old Supersix because it was advertised as such?
I doubt most of us would truly notice the difference! That being said, for the money those words do matter some!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts