Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my new ergo lever hoods. I really should have replaced them months ago. I have also needed new handlebar tape for a couple of months but have been holding out until the hoods arrived. I had the camera on the bike so I decided to share my experience. The white stuff on the hoods is talc I used to slide them on. Some people have asked about the Roval wheels so here are some more pictures of them. So far they are holding up well. Very smooth.

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Roval hubs...

are beautiful to look at. Did I miss a post where you put up lots of pics of your new wheels?

Big difference between them and my 80's version (still have).

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
racerx said:
are beautiful to look at. Did I miss a post where you put up lots of pics of your new wheels?

Big difference between them and my 80's version (still have).
I had a pair in the early nineties when I was still riding seven speed campy. Sold them at a bike swap meet when I went 8 speed.
I haven't done a big post of the wheels, they have just appeared here and there on past posts. Honestly, I can't really do a good post of them now because of the reflective sidewall tires. Any picture will have a halo from the flash. That being said, the reflective armadillo tires are great. I get the same mileage, flat resistance, and crappy ride as a regular armadillo. The wheels themselves are low spoke count 20/24 but the high flange hubs mean that you can use a shorter spoke and higher tension so they have the stiffness of a 32 or 36 spoke wheel. The front wheel is really stiff, I now realize just how flexy my steel fork really is. I wouldn't want to dive a crit corner with this fork, but I really appreciate the ride on rough surfaces. The bike is excellent for it's purpose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts