Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this bike up today from CL. Looks to have less than 100 miles on it, some small bits of rust, nothing major.

I think it has aftermarket rims. I swapped pedals and seat. (kept the originals, just in case) I understand its an '83, with '84 shifters.

Its scuffed a little, but it doesn't look like its been dropped.

Its a pretty different ride. It's really plush, and pulls up to speed quickly for its weight. The long cranks are kinda weird, but not too bad.

Any other idiosyncrasies y'all notice? This is my first older bike, so I'm kinda clueless.

Anything I can do about the seat tube? Its about an inch short, is it a funky size? What are my options as far as drivetrain upgrades go?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have a 77 PX10 - a different beast but a great ride. I'd ditch the reflectors on the wheels and frame and, if possible, that spoke protector on the back wheel.
One old local said his "PX10" was the worst bike he ever had as the fork tubes were different in length(wonder if it really was a PX10). Said he never got it right. Sounds like an easy fix to me and unlikely for a higher end bike.
The seat tube on mine is an odd size(Campy no less). Measure it with some cheap digital calipers so you know for sure. Watch Ebay for a longer one but the nice ones bring a lot of money. Might check with your LBS to see if they have an older "french" post.
Doesn't look high end IMO but it could ride well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still in the process of freshing up the bike, but I'm pulling the reflectors and spoke guard like you suggested. really need to true the front rim.

Its not a high end bike, but its pretty fun to ride. Something a little different from the local specialized rides. Can't beat if for $100.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.