Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll have to relinquish my brother-in-laws stand pretty soon. Since my BDay is coming up, I'm considering putting any $$s I might get toward a new stand.

There's the Park PCS 10 which gets pretty good reviews. and then the considerably more expensive Park PCS-4-2.

I like the clamp and layout of the 'feet' on the 4-2, it looks very stable. However, the PCS 10 gets really good reviews and appears to be stable as well. I don't really need something that compact, so the size doesn't matter.

Just wondering if anyone cares to add comments about their experiences with either.

TIA :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a Pcs-10 I love mine use it every weekend. The stand is real stable and can adjust to suit any bike and u can put the bike at any angle and its still stable.
The main thing i like about it is if u dont have alot of room u can collapse it down it has quick release buttons to allow the legs to fold up .
Got mine from here little cheaper than amazon price. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
http://www.ebikestop.com/park_pcs_10_home_mechanic_repair_stand-TL7451.php

U can get the park carry bag for the stand to it fits right in. Good if u wanna take the stand with u in the car to work on ur bike or a friends bike at there house .

http://www.amazon.com/Park-Tool-BAG...1_fkmr2_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1275454248&sr=8-1-fkmr2

·
turtle killer.
1,854 Posts
I have a PCS-10, I really do like it and I have to say that Parks support has been great when I've had to use it. That being said I'm contemplating a Feedback Sports stand for the next portable. Might be worth also taking a look at.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Almost all Park stands are excellent. The 10 is no exception. Is very convenient and will probably last several lifetimes.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mr. Versatile said:
Almost all Park stands are excellent. The 10 is no exception. Is very convenient and will probably last several lifetimes.
LOL, I'll try and keep up :D.

Still leaning towards the 4-2 because:
  1. It adjusts to a higher height, so I can just hike it up to work on RD, FD & BB.
  2. If I have a permanent place for it in my next house, I can just cut down the front legs and lag it to the floor.
  3. Wife said OK to spending more money :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
I have this Spin Dr pro G3

I works great and is light to fold and move. The clamp set up is OK, not great. If I could change anything, I would make if more like some of the part tools pro clamps.

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
I bought a nice Park stand probably 17 years ago. Still use it and I doubt I'll ever need to buy another one. In the long run, $75 isn't much money. Nothing worse than wishing you'd bought the more expensive one for 15 years, but can't bring yourself to do it because the cheap one works OK. I did that on a truing stand.

I find that I haul mine outside frequently to use when I clean some bikes (my wife rides too). I hit the drive train with degreaser and then hose them down. The 4-2 looks a bit easier to lug around, but they both look OK in that aspect. Height adjustment would be nice, wish I had that. Get the 4-2.

1,130 Posts
I bought a Park bike clamp -- the head unit, not the full stand.

Bolted that puppy to a roll-around work bench I had. Works great, especially if there is oil and grease involved, and I want to roll things outside to the driveway.

Made another mount for it on my bench in my (tiny) shop -- talk about stable.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have the PCS-9 which I love. The diference between mine and the PCS-10 is the quick release clamp. MIne uses a screw type. No real big deal considering the stand was about $50 bucks cheaper. The PSC-9 is also adjustable height wise. Very sturdy and appears very durable. A very wise investment in my books.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BruceG1 said:
The PSC-9 is also adjustable height wise.
Yes, to 57", the 4-2 adjusts up to 72". @ 6' tall, 72" sounds allot better - no more bending half way over or sitting in an old chair to get to the lower bits. I could use the 10 with a rolling stool and work that way, but I'd have to ante up for the stool as well.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
pmf said:
I find that I haul mine outside frequently to use when I clean some bikes (my wife rides too). I hit the drive train with degreaser and then hose them down. The 4-2 looks a bit easier to lug around, but they both look OK in that aspect. Height adjustment would be nice, wish I had that. Get the 4-2.
I didn't think about that - dragging the stand outside to clean it would be allot easier than my current method (clean the hard bits with spray on citrus solvent and then use a buck of soapy water to wash the frame). This would be especially helpful with a mountain bike!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yes of course buy the more expensive one, only $56 more. It's taller and looks more stable then the other one. You will have it forever, don't cheap out on something like this. I have the original one that most bike shops still use, I bought it 28 years ago. It does not flex at all and that is the best for wrenching.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.