Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahoy. I've been riding and wrenching on road bikes since about 1976. Getting tired of the same old [email protected] over at Bikeforums, so I decided to try this place.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Ready for some new crap, huh? We've got plenty here. Welcome.

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean, the other day at bike Forums, somebody gave info on a classic bike, stating that it was made by Matsushitsu, and the 'net nanny' censored it as "Matsu****su. Oh, brother.....

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I mean, the other day at bike Forums, somebody gave info on a classic bike, stating that it was made by Matsushitsu, and the 'net nanny' censored it as "Matsu****su. Oh, brother.....
They may have the same software here. The scientific name for the human species comes out as **** sapiens.

·
Use my Apps :)
959 Posts
Welcome... only since '76? youngin'

I'me sure you will find our "Rim vs Disk Brakes", "What wheels should I get", and "Di2 vs. Mechanical" threads ad nauseam so much less the old crap you are used to. :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ahoy. I've been riding and wrenching on road bikes since about 1976. Getting tired of the same old [email protected] over at Bikeforums, so I decided to try this place.
So being a mechanic since the 70's what's your thoughts on disk breaks, gravel bikes, and do you hold any Strava KOM's? (within your age category of coarse)

Oh, almost forgot- do you own an electric assist bike? and do you think that training on zwift is the same as actual road miles?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Forgot about waving at other cyclists

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Also forgot to ask if Trek makes a good bike and do you make your own chain lube.
Actually, Trek DID make a good bike in my 1978 era 710 Reynolds 531 road frame I own. With a set of semi-aero wheels I built, running Challenge tubulars, D/A friction shifters, etc, it is the lightest bike I own (under 20 lbs), as well as the fastest. And, yes, I have made my own lube before...

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Welcome... only since '76? youngin'

I'me sure you will find our "Rim vs Disk Brakes", "What wheels should I get", and "Di2 vs. Mechanical" threads ad nauseam so much less the old crap you are used to. :)
I got into a "tubeless vs. tubular" brouhaha the other day; these guys seem to spend hours trying to seat their expensive tubeless tires on their expensive tubeless rims, and then periodically demount them, and clean the goop out. I pointed out that, at that rate, tubulars were lighter, rode better, cost less, and required less time. Wow, did I hit a raw nerve.......

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I got into a "tubeless vs. tubular" brouhaha the other day; these guys seem to spend hours trying to seat their expensive tubeless tires on their expensive tubeless rims, and then periodically demount them, and clean the goop out. I pointed out that, at that rate, tubulars were lighter, road better, cost less, and required less time. Wow, did I hit a raw nerve.......
Ahh, well, you are going to fit *right* in here on RBR. :)

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
... there is nothing new under the sun.
ironically, that was written some 3,000 years ago, well before anyone blogged about bicycles.

ecclesiastes 1:9 said:
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts