Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much deliberation I finally came to a conclusion for both fit and economics. Got a closeout deal on a 2013 Gran Fondo 2.0LE with Ultegra gruppo that was just too good to pass up. What gave me confidence was my Guru fitting which narrowed down what seemed to be an endless list of frames to a short list of frames that work best for me. See thread

Here it is with my matching color Look Deltas, which probably weigh about 1/2 as much as the bike. On the bathroom scale, the bike came in at 16 lbs even (with the pedals installed).
IMG_3835_1.JPG

The economics part was the bike was 40% off and with Performance's club dollars, my Garmin 510 bundle came to like $120 in the end.
I already purchased some Conti Gators in 25mm to replace the stock tires.

First impressions were, yes the fitting was right and I for sure need to change the 120mm stem to 100mm, so that will happen this week.

The spec on their site was wrong at the cassette is a 11-28, not 11-25, which suits me perfectly fine. I want the extra gearing.

Rides razor sharp and whips up to speed so fast. Keep in mind my old Raleigh was like a 80s era Camaro and this bike is like a McLaren.
I also notice how easy it is to keep up at speed once you are up to the 17mph+ mark. Much less effort.

Some may knock the Oval brakes, but compared to my Weinmann setup, this feels like comparing drum brakes to disc on a car.

The ride was decently smooth and I expect when I try the 25mm, this will improve even more.

The only gripe is a slight amount of cable buzz inside the frame over rough roads. I will see if I can pinpoint that source.

So overall I am extremely happy and i think it was the right choice for me in many ways.:thumbsup:

Couple more beauty shots:
IMG_3848_1.JPG IMG_3857_1.JPG IMG_3851_1.JPG IMG_3858_1.JPG

·
Samfujiabq
338 Posts
Very nice looking bike!welcome to the Fuji owners club.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nice bike. The cable rattling inside is pretty typical for this and the SST, and really does not cause any problems. Enjoy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts