Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got a new pinarello cx. I can't believe how great the ride is. I did not lose as much speed on the road as expected and it is very stable and well balance on the dirt. It climbs very well. The only gripe thus far is the canti brakes, which suffer on the steep down hill sections. Anyone else have any recommendations to improve the braking. The front one seems to shudder with max gripping, the back is fine.

· Registered
119 Posts
Good looking bike.
I've had great luck ditching the stock avid pads for salmon koolstop thinline. +1 for the Paul's though. Really nice brakes, just in case you have not spent enough already....

-B

· A wheelist
11,689 Posts
Try all the other fixes suggested already - toe-in, different pads etc. If that doesn't work (toe in usually does) then try the $14 Tektro Mini-V brake. My custom frame builder 99% guaranteed no shudder on a carbon fork. So far he's 100% right. It's a cheap test for $14. You'll need a Travel Agent with it too and that's more expensive than the brake!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.