Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Flawless. Wasnt sure about the easton wheels at first since I was coming from mavic es. Although im very impressed. Its running on all ceramic. which makes a difference. Best climbing bike I have ever ridden. Super light, super comfortable, super fast. The fit is also perfect. Im 5'10 and the bikes a 56(medium)

·
Registered
383 Posts
looks great! I'm a Easton wheel lover too, the hubs are smooth...do you feel any difference in the integrated seatpost, like better power transfer etc.?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea, a little bit, but its not a night and day difference. The 1/5 inch headset and ceramic bearing make a bigger difference in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
looks very nice. i personally think ergo bars diminish the aesthetic quality of the overall design.
you should rewrap the bars.
as owner of some tempest 2 wheels, make sure you keep an eye on spoke tension, and go ahead and order some extra spokes from easton direct, for replacements. I busted spokes a few times last year. They are awesome hubs though.
enjoy!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I raced my CAAD9 for the first few races this spring, then, on a whim, decided to break out the Helium last weekend. It's just a waaaay better race bike. I'll always own a Ridley...
As an aside, if anyone wants to buy a CAAD9 frameset (56), I'll let mine go so I can buy another Ridley...:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts