Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 7 speed wheelset I have on my 95 Cannondale 3.0 is from an 89 Cannondale 3.0. They have reached the end of their usable life. Who knows how many miles. The hubs are still in great shape, and because of the 126mm rear spacing, I'd like to keep them. That is unless there is a 126mm spaced hub that is 8/9 speed compatible. Otherwise, I need some new rims. I'm at a loss here. I'm not a racer by any means, more of a weekend warrior and friendly club ride competition from time to time. I don't want to have to worry about the rims, but at the same time I don't need a rim that can handle touring with 40 pounds of extra stuff. I'm a 160 pound guy, so something sturdy for that would be good. I think the hubs are 32 hole?! Thanks!!!

Kris

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
if you want something similar to your current rims, and something easily available, just grab some mavic Open Pros.. (assuming your current rims are around 20mm profile).... I'd hook em up to dt competition spokes or similar (2.0-1.8-2.0 double butted spokes)....

if u want a slighty stronger, stiffer and taller profile rim, consider the mavic cxp 33....

other similar rims to the Mavic Open Pro include DT swiss RR1.1, velocity aerohead, to name just a few of the widely available products...

You have a choice of silver or black in all of these, plus the aussie made velocities come in a whole bunch of other colors.... The DT rims may have too modern a design (aesthetically), so the ultra safe bet is the mavic rims... everyone stocks them, french, pretty cheap, dependable.. its an old benchmark.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.