SRAM GXP Double Crank
Shimano 105 FD
Ultegra RD
Shimano 10spd HG 6600 Cassette (12-27)

·
Coffee Lover
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whoobob holds the rear brake cable in place. I like the name you gave it. I don't have a better name for it.
I weighed it at home and it came in right at 20 pounds. I'm going to our veteranarian's office to weigh it on their digital scale for a more accurate weight.
He built the frame with a number of cabling options. It can accomodate 3 across the top and 2 on the downtube. This is currently set up with 2 on top and one on the left side of the DT.
The seat stay has tabs which can accomodate disc brakes. You can see the tabs in the 5th pic. It also has a bracket for a caliper brake and braze-ons for racks, fenders, etc. The frame is very versatile.

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
Dart said:
The whoobob holds the rear brake cable in place. I like the name you gave it. I don't have a better name for it.
How about "rear brake cable hanger"?

Dart said:
He built the frame with a number of cabling options.
When you say "he built the frame", does that mean that these frames are literally being built by Josh Rubin? Or is this frame of the Habanero, Spicer, etc. genre of custom specified, Chinese manufactured variety?

·
Coffee Lover
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
musikfan said:
that's weird a Veterinarian that builds bikes....
:)
so where did you get the whoobob?

now, just to start practicing and get that thing dirty!
The vet doesn't build bikes. He just has a cool digital scale that will weigh anything from a small cat to a really large dog. It's wide enough to put both wheels of the bike on.

I'm not sure the make of the whoobob/rear brake cable hanger. There's an "SX" logo on the top of it.

Due to Hurricane/Tropical Storm Dolly, my saddle time has been limited. I took it out Sunday and a little on Monday, but the past few days have been wash-outs

·
Coffee Lover
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PeanutButterBreath said:
How about "rear brake cable hanger"?

When you say "he built the frame", does that mean that these frames are literally being built by Josh Rubin? Or is this frame of the Habanero, Spicer, etc. genre of custom specified, Chinese manufactured variety?
I went to Josh for measurements and fitting. Josh does the CAD drawing and he "has a guy" in China that he collaborates with who does the actual welding in an argon enclosure.

·
Coffee Lover
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It carries a 2 year warranty. The tri bikes carry a lifetime warranty. In addition, there is a 50% crash replacement policy. You pay 50% of the frame cost for a frame replacement in the event of a major crash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.